To be eligible to take out our Rent Protection policy, all we ask is that:
- You either own the property or are legally responsible for the collection of rent
- The property will only be rented to tenant(s) who are at least 18 who will only use it for residential purposes and a tenancy agreement is in place for the duration of the policy
- A tenant reference must be carried out before the commencement of the tenancy agreement or policy, whichever is the later. As a minimum requirement, these checks must include:
- a) A credit check obtained from a licensed credit referencing company showing no County Court Judgements in the immediate preceding three years, no outstanding County Court Judgements and no undischarged bankruptcies
- b) Copies of two forms of identification, one of which must be photographic
- If the tenant(s) cannot meet the requirements of the credit check a guarantor can be sought who can meet point a) and b)
Purchase our rent guarantee insurance and get peace of mind when renting out your properties. Our rent guarantee insurance policy also comes with legal expenses as standard, so you can get rent protection in the event of a tenant defaulting and any legal expenses cost’s you may face, such as costs for evicting a tenant, covered.
- Options to cover up to £25,000, £50,000 or £75,000 rental income
- Up to 12 months’ cover
- Full landlord legal expenses up to £100,000, including if you need to issue a section notice when evicting a tenant
- 75% of your rent amount paid for up to 60 days after you have regained possession of your property
- Landlord Legal expenses helpline 24/7
- All tenant types considered
Rent guarantee insurance covers your monthly rental income if your tenants stop paying. You can usually make a claim on your policy once your tenants have fallen one month behind with their rent. … It is usually sold in conjunction with legal expenses cover which will provide cover to evict the tenant.
For more information or to get a free, no-obligation quote, contact our team today. Fill in the form or call us directly on 01489 336338 to find out what we can offer.